The Good Things in Life
Today's a great day!! Emily's home from the hospital after her 4 day visit. I don't seem to mind so much today that there's a pile of laundry, dishes, clutter, floors to be mopped, and toys to pick up. I think all too often we take for granted the great things in life, like life itself!! The ability to breath, eat, walk, share relationships, and experience all the world has to offer. We live in a wonderful time with so many opportunities and blessing and let's not forget modern conveniences that make our lives better. I feel blessed to have a great husband who provides for our family and always makes me feel like I'm everything to him. I have 3 beautiful children who teach me so much everyday. They are healthy, now, and happy and are eager to learn all they can. They always know what is important in life like playing barbies with a friend, and kicking a ball just to see it bounce off the walls, or reading a book to learn about the world around us. They always say the best prayers to show me how to talk to our Father in Heaven and remember how thankful we should be for all the simple things in life. Sitting in the hospital is always a reminder of how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away. How we need to live each moment to our best and not put off the important things like holding your child on your lap and making them feel important. There are so many trials and obstacles in life to make us forget why we are here and how we should treat each other. I guess I'm just thankful for today, and hope for tomorrow!
So cute! Thanks for the good reminder!! I'm glad Em is home and feeling better!
ReplyDeleteMe too, so glad she's home. Nice post Doyle! :)
ReplyDeleteJ- Wonderful post! We're so glad she's doing better! :)
ReplyDelete